Finishing the laundry room/mudroom last month was only the beginning of what we wanted to accomplish before we move in to our house (we are still shooting for the weekend of New Year's). We immediately moved into the kitchen and began work on it. About the time we finished the laundry room, Steven happened to notice that there was a large hole under our kitchen sink, the result of a bad water leak. We knew that had to be one of our first fixes in this room. While our long-term plans involve moving the kitchen completely, we've decided the best thing to do right now is to work with what we've got, so our plans for this room now are to:
- Fix the hole under the kitchen sink.
- THOROUGHLY CLEAN the cabinets and appliances.
- Replace the cabinet doors.
- Tear out part of the wall leading into the living room to open the space up a little more.
- Move the door to the guest room from the kitchen to the living room.
- Paint the cabinets, walls, and ceiling.
- Install a new sink and countertop.